Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Teen Inklings Vol. 17: Alas, NaNoWriMo

Some of you writers may still be recovering from NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), so I'll keep this brief. To those of you who passed the 50,000 word count, congratulations! To those of you who didn't, better luck next year!

Now, those of you who wracked up a heavy word count, know this... your work isn't over yet. Sad, I know! But now that you have a large quantity of words, you now have to work on bumping up the quality of those words. So, take a break, pat yourself on the back, and put that crafting cap on your head and get back to work! ;-)

Also, a bit of personal news... it looks like I'll be getting a contract for my novella, The Scarlet Key, very soon! I'll try and post more about that as the months go on. It's exciting to think that sometime in 2011 people will actually be able to hold a book in their hands and read a story I thought up between school periods.

It's also very weird.

I'll keep you all posted on what I learn throughout the experience. See you around the net!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that's so exciting Chris about The Scarlet Key! Man! I can't wait to get a chance to get my "grubby little paws" on it! Congratulations :D

    Yes....104k-ish Nano words written......but your comment on quality is spot on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such awesome news about your novella, CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up, man. Your contract sounds soooooo cool. You're a great writer and I'm counting on a good read, so don't disappoint!! (I meant that to be encouragement, even if it sounds like a threat. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your novella, Chris! Keep us posted! I'd love to read it someday :)

    Yes, I did Nanowrimo for the first time and I'm pretty happy with my 50k, but you're right--I should get back to editing it :)

    Thanks again!

    Best,
    S. Dahnim

    ReplyDelete
  5. So ... update?!?! Contract yet??? :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete