Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Teen Inklings Vol. 23: A New Way of Dealing with Writers Block

Dealing with writers block? Why not get creative and try something new to get over your block?

Six months ago Jacob Parker challenged me to a Word War. The rules were that whoever wrote the most in a twelve hour period was the winner, and the loser had to sing and perform a song written by the winner.

I ended up losing, and it's taken me six months to work up the courage to make my video. But here it is (finally).

Click HERE to watch my video!

Embarrassment is a good motivator. So, if you're in a rut, why not challenge one of your writer friends to a duel? Just make sure the consequence of losing is sufficiently hilarious.

If you liked my video, please share it with your friends and let me know your thoughts in the comments below! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hilarious!

    Um, I think I'm cured of writer's block now . . .

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! So, first off I'd like to state that I'm not selling anything. But pleeeeeease could you come visit my blog? It's a writing blog :) So seeing as this site encourages me to let others see my work, it would be helpful ;)
    http://writtenpaintings.blogspot.com/
    It would be awesome if you could come see it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it. =) Indeed, I think I shall undertake such a duel this very day. Hehe, and thank you for the idea. I have done word wars, but never with cruel and unusual punishments...

    ReplyDelete